We specialize in correcting your body’s misalignments. Our goal is to ensure that your spine and the rest of your body are working harmoniously. To do so, we will help you develop a plan that will require light stretching, some exercise, chiropractic care, and a healthy diet.
Magnetic Resonance Imaging (M.R.I.)
A non-invasive diagnostic technique that produces computerized images of Muscles, Ligaments, Tendons, Bones, Spinal Cord and Disks. It is based on nuclear magnetic resonance of atoms within the body that align and produce pictures induced by the application of magnetic radio waves.
We offer both open and closed types to accommodate claustrophobic patients.
This is Low Back Pain emanating from your muscles, bones, nerves, joints or other structures in the spine and felt in your back. Low Back Pain can be acute with its severity directly correlating to the level of nerve irritation or possibly disk related damage. Sometimes, Low Back Pain can be short-term (lasting less than a week) or can become chronic lasting much longer. For some chronic low back pain sufferers, pain can persists for a much longer period of long time; months and even years. Sometimes, low back pain disappears temporarily only to come back anytime later.
- Sciatica - This is a deep pain radiating through down the extremity of the leg. The Low Back Pain can be accompanied by numbness, tingling or weakness. It can be caused by nerve compression, injury or inflammation to Lumbar spinal nerve roots.
- Sprain/Strain - This is an injury to either a muscle, tendon or ligaments that cause an overexertion or overstretching of these structures. It is the most common cause of Low Back Pain.
- Degenerative Disc Disease - This is pain starting from the lower back vertebrae with pain extending occassionally into the pelvis, groin, upper thigh and buttock. An injury inflicted to any of the interconnecting sensory nerves of the lower back may also cause this type of pain too.
- Spinal Stenosis - This is an abnormal narrowing of the spinal canal that may occur in any of the regions of the spine. It causes a restriction to the spinal canal and it’s characterized by pain, numbness and loss of motor control. It can create a medical emergency if the narrowing is too greatly compressed.
- Foraminal Stenosis - This is an abnormal narrowing of the Neuroforamina that may occur in any of the regions of the spine. It causes a restriction to the spinal nerve roots and it’s characterized by Low Back Pain, numbness, tingling and muscle weakness. This is very common and usually corrected with Chiropractic adjustments. Additionally, other factors creating Low Back Pain can also come from Herniated Disks and/or Bulging disks. This can only be verified by M.R.I.'s or C.T.Scans. This is usually NOT a medical emergency under most circumstances.
Symptoms of Low Back Pain
- Pain that is getting much worse and adjacent Muscles begin to spasm.
- Pain shooting down your legs to the knees and/or below.
- Weakness or numbness in one or both legs or around your buttocks
- Constant pain and stiffness related to tight muscles.
- Redness or swelling on your Mid to lower back
- Shooting sharp knifelike radiating pain.
Dr. Robert Peters at Village Chiropractic Health Center, provides you with effective relief for back pain
and any other related conditions. Some of our chiropractic treatments include:
- Manual Therapy - They are of different types including massage, adjustments, mobilisation and trigger point Ultrasound. It is performed in the office to help relieve current syptoms and pain. It could be up to several visits before you will be back to normal without pain.
- Exercises - Exercises can be an effective approach to reducing pain though should be under supervision of a professional. Constant stretching is an essential component of back treatment to increase musculotendonis tissues.
- Ice Compressions - Ice applications will reduce swelling and inflammation just like an anti-inflammatory would. This should be used instead of heat especially for acute pain. Pain and inflammation are usually followed by traumas such as work related injuries, slip and falls and especially Automobile accidents.
Most, if not all of us, are aware that the neck should be given the care that it deserves. It is very delicate because it supports the whole head. If the neck is not in good condition, the head will not be able to move in different directions. While this is an important function of your neck, it also makes it very vulnerable to different accidental situations.
Neck Care & Health
There are so many things that you do every day that could be harmful to your neck. Even the simplest thing like sitting can be dangerous if done incorrectly. Aside from the usual activities, people can also get their neck injured when they encounter accidents or repetitive blows to the neck – which may even result to dislocation in some cases.
Common Cases of Neck Pain
Sudden Forced Movements or Whiplash - if you force your neck to undergo a series of abnormal motions, chances are that you’ll be in for neck pan. Forced neck movements can more so lead to a situation where you perceive pain emanating from the base of your spine.
Poor Posture - even sitting can cause some serious neck pains. It all boils down to how your posture is. With some poor posture practices, muscles on the neck will feel strained, and this constant strain will eventually lead to a stiff neck or cause some other neck pain.
Degenerative disorders - when people grow old, their bones also get brittle and more prone to degeneration and breakage. Different diseases appear when we reach a certain age, and some of them could be directly linked to neck pains.
Dr. Peters can help you lessen and eventually make the neck pain go away through different chiropractic care treatments for neck pain. A chiropractor will require you to take tests done so that they are able to determine the cause of your pain. Based on the results, they are able to prescribe the best chiropractic treatment for your neck pain.
One usual chiropractic neck treatment is cervical Adjustments. It involves the chiropractor making sure that the right pressure is applied to the joints of the neck. This is usually done by hand and no machines are needed. With cervical manipulation, the chiropractor can get rid of your neck pain just within just a few sessions.
The next time you suffer from neck pain; don’t result to taking pain killers or other common medications. While the pain could be just the result of a minor abnormal head movement, it could also be a pre-cursor for some other unknown condition, or more so some form of past injury on the muscles or tendons in your neck.
Visiting us at the Village Chiropractic Health Center is a great way of ensuring that you correct the problem from its source. With a couple of tests, we’ll easily establish the cause of your neck pain and engage the necessary treatment program.
Shoulder pain is a very common condition and affects almost half of the U.S. Most patients feel some sort of pain, limited range of motion, an inability to engage in activities of daily living (ADL) or something more serious as a permanent disability.
Headaches and Migraines basically is the pain felt mostly in the region of the head, but camn also radiate into the neck as well. You experience either a Headache or Migraine when various structures of the neck are misaligned and nerves in the spine become irritated. Chiropractic helps realign the spine and reduce these symptoms.
Headaches and migraines are classified based on their effects and sometimes cause the following:
Migraine Headaches - Migraines come from a neurological disorder that can run in families. Dr. Peters can help alleviate this without harmful drugs.
Cluster headaches - Headaches that affect only a small per cent of headache victims. The headaches appear abruptly and are characterized by serious, debilitating pain on one side of your head, often accompanied by a watery eye and a runny nose on the same side of the face.
Tension headaches - Feels like a rampant ache or pressure around your head, especially at the temples or back of the head and neck.
Sinus Headaches - Headaches caused by infection of surrounding structures when bacteria invade and infect the nasal sinuses. They can occur after an upper respiratory infection.
Headaches caused by inflammation of the surrounding tissues, constant coughing, acute glaucoma straining of the eyes, a neural disorder and temporal arteritis.
Conditions causing a stretching or pulling of pain-sensitive parts and inner structures of the head. They include concussion and other head trauma, brain tumours and sometimes spinal taps.
Sports can be very taxing on your body, no matter what you play. Our trusted staff will work with you to get to the root of your problem and help you feel better again. We help treat and also prevent injuries in the neck, back, shoulders, knees, and ankles. We are able to manually adjust your spine, relieving any pain that you are feeling. This will allow your body to function much better after the injury.
Auto Injuries / Personal Injury
An Auto Accident scenario can cause Neck Pain, and Low Back Pain, Headaches, Migraines, Numbness and Tingling in the Arms & Legs. THESE ARE JUST A FEW OF THE SYMPTOMS THAT YOU MAY EXPERIENCE FROM AN AUTO ACCIDENT AND
FACT: Most Auto Accident injuries and symptoms, are hidden and seldom surface for weeks or even months later. Worse than that, most Auto Accident victims are unaware of the damaging effects of hidden injuries, so they release the insurance company from liability by settling before getting properly examined. BIG MISTAKE! Why? Because many Auto Accident victims receive inappropriate care from either the Hospital ER or clinics that they rush to. Hospital ER's are not trained to properly treatment Motor Vehicle Accidents and generally prescribe just Pain medication, anti-inflammatories and/or Muscle Relaxers. While the underlying damage and pain is masked or covered up with medication. Settling the case and delaying proper treatment usually results in long term future chronic unresolved medical problems down the road.
DON'T LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU!!!!
Neuropathy is a medical condition caused by damaged nerve cells and often associated with autoimmune diseases, infections, diabetes, tumors, or hereditary conditions. Peripheral neuropathy currently affects over 20 million people in the United States with symptoms ranging from tingling or burning pain and nausea to muscle spasms, difficulty moving your arms or legs, or atrophy.
Knee pain is increasingly becoming a more common problem in society. It is a complaint we see frequently. The most common complaint associated with knee pain is considered the normal “wear and tear.” Another ailment that affects the knee is osteoarthritis. The symptoms and progression of osteoarthritis and knee pain can be reduced through our individualized approach to chiropractic care.
Sciatica is characterized by pain in the lower back that radiates down one or both legs. The pain is described as dull, achy, sharp, like “pins and needles” or similar to electric shocks. Other symptoms associated with sciatica include burning, numbness and tingling sensations. Sciatic nerve pain varies in intensity from mild to severe, and frequency may range from occasional to constant. The onset is generally gradual and not necessarily associated with a previous event.
Sciatica is also known as radiating or referred pain, neuropathy, or neuralgia.